2013: My Blogging Year in Review
Since it's always fun to jump on the bandwagon when everyone else is doing something, I too decided to summarize my year of blogging for you as we approach 2014 at midnight tonight!
First off, I have to say that this year has been a truly amazing one for me. I have accomplished so much with the help of so many lovely individuals, and I truly owe a lot of my success thus far to these unofficial sponsors of my life and blog! I only hope that 2014 brings me as much success and happiness as 2013 and that I can continue to expand Erica Exposed to be a major Canadian plus fashion blog!
What I accomplished in 2013:
- Started blogging officially and transitioned my blog from a Tumblr account to Blogger
- Took on a new persona and transformed myself from Big and the Beautiful to Erica Exposed (and registered my first domain name!
- Started doing some plus size modelling in Toronto, including:
- Walked in my first adult fashion show: The Fuller Woman Expo (Fun Fact: I was a child model!)
- Took part in my first official photo shoot
- Met some amazing friends and individuals in the plus community
- Attended my first ever store launch (Addition Elle Queen Street)
- Attended my first blogger event (Big Deal Toronto)
- Attended my second blogger event (Consign Your Curves)
- Attended my first plus size fashion Launch (Nina Bitton)
- Attended my first ever plus size media release event (A Toast to Curves)
- Made it onto Addition Elle's Fan Friday page as a blogger
- Made the most consecutive number of blog posts I have ever done, 13 in a row (1 per day)
Not to mention, I graduated with an Honours Bachelors of Applied Science Degree in Psychology, with Distinction in June. I also got accepted to a Masters of Social Work program, and finished my first semester there (3 more semesters to go!).
All in all, I am extremely proud of my progress this year, not only in my professional life (blogging, modelling, etc.) but in my personal life as well. I have changed so much as a person from my experiences this year, and I can only hope that I continue to grow over the next year.
I wish you all a Happy New Year in 2014, fruitful in love, joy, happiness and success!